I'm planning on developing a window manager for Wayland

Pier Luigi pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:16:50 PDT 2012

2012/3/22 Connor H <manifoldspace at hotmail.com>:
> I'm planning on developing a window manager in Qt that uses Wayland. I've
> looked at the documentation on freedesktop.org, and while it's good for
> introducing people to the architecture, I'd like something more detailed. Is
> there any further documentation that I can look at?

Qt 5 supports Wayland. It has a platform plugins in order to draw
widgets and windows on a Wayland compositor and the QtCompositor
library (with examples) for writing compositors.

Take a look at this:
  http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtwayland

And:
  http://wayland.freedesktop.org/qt5.html
  http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git

--
"Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner
voice." (Steve Jobs)