[Patch 3/5 v2] Improve wayland-drm to wayland-gbm to act as generic buffer manager for wayland

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at linux.intel.com
Fri May 4 00:22:55 PDT 2012

Thanks Juan.

it is similar to gbm_bo_create_from_egl_image(), and extends the usage
to share drm/gbm buffers basing on native handle instead of
EGLImage/__DRIimage; which is convenient for vaapi driver.

we can see that weston has already shared EGLImage(for texture) with
client in weston_surface_attach() basing on wl_buffer
(EGL_WAYLAND_BUFFER_WL).

my patch set just extends the buffer sharing to include video driver.

krh, could you give some comments?