Western runs on Ubuntu 10.10 but displays a window with no content and error on console

souvik.datta at wipro.com souvik.datta at wipro.com
Thu May 17 02:56:57 PDT 2012

Hello,

Here are my system details:
[1]GPU - 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Sandy Bridge Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
[2]Running on Ubuntu 10.10

I have followed the steps for  building Wayland as mentioned at http://wayland.freedesktop.org/building.html.

After building I copied the file weston.ini to ~/.config folder. I could not find the file weston-deskop-shell.ini

Then I went to the folder where my binaries have been installed and then ran ./weston

The output was a window with title "Weston Compositor", but the content is black. I am not able to see the mouse pointer when I am taking it withing the window body.

Also I am getting following errors:

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, falling back to .
using socket ./wayland-0
failed to initialize display
failed to create display: No such file or directory
disconnect from client 0x8b91108
weston-desktop-shell died, respawning...
failed to initialize display
failed to create display: No such file or directory
disconnect from client 0x8b91108
weston-desktop-shell died, respawning...
failed to initialize display
failed to create display: No such file or directory
disconnect from client 0x8b91108
weston-desktop-shell died, respawning...
failed to initialize display
failed to create display: No such file or directory
disconnect from client 0x8b91108
weston-desktop-shell died, respawning...
failed to initialize display
failed to create display: No such file or directory
disconnect from client 0x8b91108
weston-desktop-shell died, respawning...
failed to initialize display
failed to create display: No such file or directory
disconnect from client 0x8b91108
weston-desktop-shell died, giving up.

Can some one please let me know why am I getting these error? Is there a basic mistake that I am doing here?

Thanks and Regards,
Souvik

www.wipro.com