weston gdlbackend is available on gitorious now

Juan Zhao juan.j.zhao at linux.intel.com
Thu May 17 18:56:33 PDT 2012

  On 05/15/2012 07:17 PM, Arnaud Vrac wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 5:38 AM, Juan Zhao
> <juan.j.zhao at linux.intel.com <mailto:juan.j.zhao at linux.intel.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>         I've successfully run weston and its shm and egl/gles client
>     over Intel CE platform SDV now.
>         The code can be accessed on
>     https://gitorious.org/wayland-and-weston-with-gdlbackend . The
>     main code is just compositor-gdl.c, a gdl backend for weston. and
>     this file is licensed as BSD.
>         For the trying, you need to clone the weston TVgdl branch. And
>     the driver should support gbm and wl_egl interfaces.
>

> Hi Juan,
>
> that's nice work, congratulations on making weston work on this platform !

Thank you!:)

> If you need I wrote an EGL backend for gdl/wayland:
>
> https://github.com/rawoul/intelce-wayland

Nice work, thanks for sharing.
Which compositor did you use to try wayland?
In weston-gdlbackend, the memory management is something we can refine,
currently, we are using wl_pvr provided by the driver engineer, it
should be fine in pvr platfroms, especially when we're rendering to
surface directly.
And if we are using FBO method, your wl_gdl should enhance the
performance. Warmly welcome to refine the gdl-backend for weston. :)

Thanks,
Juan