synaptics rework - multiple frontends

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed May 23 00:24:49 PDT 2012

On 23/05/12 17:16 , Juan Zhao wrote:
> On 05/23/2012 01:31 PM, Peter Hutterer wrote:
>> Jonas posted some touchpad support patches earlier this month and
>> there were some calls for a input handling module. I've hacked around
>> for a
>> few days to get the synaptics driver ready for wayland.
>>
>> This is not a wayland touchpad driver! It's the X11 driver, abstracted
>> enough that a wayland frontend_may_ be possible, if this is what we want.
>
> Do you mean, it does not support weston with drmbackend?

What I meant with "this is not a wayland touchpad driver" is simply that
I haven't done the work to hook it up to weston or something else. I
just did the work to decouple the driver from X. Poor choice of words,
sorry, I was trying to preempt the misleading headlines on the usual
sites. Input drivers don't render, so the driver doesn't care if you use
a drm backend or printf.

Cheers,
   Peter