no package vpx found when building weston

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Thu May 31 09:17:00 PDT 2012

On 05/31, Prigent, Christophe wrote:
>    I had an error when building Weston: "package requirements (cairo vpx)
>    were not met: no package vpx found".
>
>    The installation of libvpx0 and libvpx-dev from the synaptic package
>    manager didn’t fix the problem. I found that there is no .pc file related
>    to it inside /usr/share/pkgconfig.
>
>    I’m working on Ubuntu 10.04.

  libvpx

  webm video encoding library required for Weston video capture. Fedora
  16 package works, Ubuntu Oneric package does not.

    $ git clone http://git.chromium.org/webm/libvpx.git

- http://wayland.freedesktop.org/building.html as of three days ago.

Yes, the ubuntu and debian vpx packages are missing the .pc file, fixed in
version 0.9.7.p1-2, so the packages in ubuntu precise and quantal should
work:  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=644542

and wrong." - H. L. Mencken
http://www.ChaosReigns.com