1.0 Branch created

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 13 14:06:32 PST 2012

Hi,

On 11/09/2012 01:37 PM, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

> As for 1.0.1, I'm looking at Nov 19th and as a good date to release.
> We still have a number of failing tests in the weston test suite, but
> on the whole it's in good shape.

To open a bit more regarding the documentation for the 1.0.1, these are
the items I consider worth:

1. wayland.xml protocol descriptions. Kristian mentioned this is the
highest priority for the next release. Quite many interfaces don't even
have the description summary, while others need a overall reviewing to
fit better for our needs.

2. docbook documentation. This is what I've been working on the last
days and sending patches to the list. I've broke on two patchset
basically, one concerning injecting the doxygen commentaries from the
source code on the document and the other to basically define a scope
for the whole document. For the first patchset there's some styling that
we could do to prettify the paragraphs and line break but I suck on XSLT
scripting so I gave up for awhile. Sigh.

BTW, we should give a proper name for this document. Maybe "Wayland Manual"?

3. man-pages. We haven't advanced anything on this and we have only one
page there atm. I think David Herrmann promised to tackle it but seems
that installing Publican on the system for extracting XML was an issue
he raised; most systems don't have Publican cause it's a relatively new
tool.

So my idea would be to close the first two points for 1.0.1 at least and
next we can think about man-pages, the web-page situation, wiki etc.

Tiago