Wayland on Embedded

Abhijit Potnis abhijitpotnis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:04:54 PST 2012

Hello Henius,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Henius Dong <donglw at pset.suntec.net> wrote:

> Hello Abhijit
>
> I saw the topic "Wayland on Embedded" in wayland-devel mailing list. I'm
> interested in this topic too. But, I'm naive in this topic now. So, I write
> a mail to you to see whether you could give me some hints or not?
>
> Now, I'm going to port the wayland onto freescale iMX6 board. It supports
> Linux/WinCE/Android OS. I want to use the Linux OS "without" DRM support.
> So, it going to be difficult to use the compositor-drm.
> But, freescale offers the GLES2 implementation. So, I wonder I might
> need the same GLES2 >> framebuffer back-end.

Freescale iMX6 driver releases do show that they now support drm in their
kernel. You may want to try that.
But as such writing a GLES2 over FB backend will work, but with restricted
features as listed in the
below mail chain. With much of the work now abstracted by gles2-renderer
(gl-renderer as its called now) , it must be simple enough to write the
back-end.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2012-September/005324.html

> Thank you very much.
>
> Best Regards