Wayland on Embedded

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 22:53:11 PST 2012

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:38:57 +0800
Henius Dong <donglw at pset.suntec.net> wrote:

> Hi Abhijit

Whether or not Wayland clients that use GL will work, essentially
depends on libEGL, and not really about the backend the compositor is
using. In fact, client support and compositor backend are orthogonal.
They only need to be compatible in the sense, that what clients
provide, the compositor can use.

LibEGL is the standard place to implement the support for clients that
use GL, but nothing prevents you from inventing your own way, if you
control all the applications. Qt5 AFAIU supports its own thing, and so
it is not dependant on libEGL's Wayland platform support.