[PATCH wayland 3/4] doc: Remove Shared Object Cache section
tiago.vignatti at intel.com
Mon Oct 8 08:39:59 PDT 2012
We don't support anything like that yet.
Signed-off-by: Tiago Vignatti <tiago.vignatti at intel.com>
I'm not sure now about the Compositor, Surface, Input and Output sections.
Maybe we could remove those also and expand the descriptions on wayland.xml
instead. Ideas here? And Drag and drop seems quite outdated.
doc/Wayland/en_US/Protocol.xml | 55 ----------------------------------------
1 file changed, 55 deletions(-)
diff --git a/doc/Wayland/en_US/Protocol.xml b/doc/Wayland/en_US/Protocol.xml
index 943dd3b..1c22e0e 100644
@@ -341,61 +341,6 @@
- <section id="sect-Protocol-Shared-Object-Cache">
- <title>Shared Object Cache</title>
- Cache for sharing glyphs, icons, cursors across clients. Lets clients
- share identical objects. The cache is a global object, advertised at
- connect time.
- Interface: cache
- Requests: upload(key, visual, bo, stride, width, height)
- Events: item(key, bo, x, y, stride)
- Upload by passing a visual, bo, stride, width, height to the
- Upload returns a bo name, stride, and x, y location of object in
- the buffer. Clients take a reference on the atlas bo.
- Shared objects are refcounted, freed by client (when purging
- glyphs from the local cache) or when a client exits.
- Server can't delete individual items from an atlas, but it can
- throw out an entire atlas bo if it becomes too sparse. The server
- sends out an <type>retire</type> event when this happens, and clients
- must throw away any objects from that bo and reupload. Between the
- server dropping the atlas and the client receiving the retire event,
- clients can still legally use the old atlas since they have a ref on
- the bo.
- cairo needs to hook into the glyph cache, and maybe also a way
- to create a read-only surface based on an object form the cache
<title>Drag and Drop</title>
More information about the wayland-devel