Newest weston does not compile gears demo

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 23:13:21 PDT 2012

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:18:38 -0700
Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com> wrote:

> For a little while the OpenGL gears demo was being compiled by weston.
> But not any more. How do I make it compile? Just "make gears" does not work.

The intended behavior is that demos requiring full GL (gears and
weston-screensaver) are not built, if you configure
using --with-cairo-glesv2. This switch claims, that your Cairo is built
for GLESv2 instead of full GL, and therefore full GL apps cannot be
supported.

I'm not aware of bugs in the build files currently, but that's not
impossible, either.