Software rendering with Mesa and Wayland 1.0

nerdopolis bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net
Thu Oct 25 19:41:39 PDT 2012

On Thursday, October 25, 2012 08:27:15 AM nerdopolis wrote:

Hi.

I am trying to get the fallback software rendering working for Weston

It seems now I am getting this output when I export, EGL_LOG_LEVEL=debug

libEGL debug: Native platform type: wayland (autodetected)
libEGL debug: EGL search path is /opt/lib/i386-linux-gnu/egl
libEGL debug: added /opt/lib/i386-linux-gnu/egl/egl_gallium.so to module array
libEGL debug: added egl_dri2 to module array
libEGL debug: added egl_glx to module array
libEGL debug: dlopen(/opt/lib/i386-linux-gnu/egl/egl_gallium.so)
libEGL info: use wayland for display 0x9b084f8
libEGL debug: EGL user error 0x3001 (EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED) in eglInitialize(failed to initialize screen)

libEGL info: use wayland for display 0x9b084f8
libEGL info: use software fallback
libEGL debug: EGL user error 0x3001 (EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED) in eglInitialize(failed to initialize screen)

libEGL debug: EGL user error 0x3001 (EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED) in eglInitialize

failed to initialize display
failed to create display: No such file or directory

I used to use an older commit, in order to get qtbase to build, as it used to fail with the "the opengles 2 test failed' or something of that nature, so I tried to use that older commit, and attempt to separate and apply the 3 Wayland 1.0 patches against it. The patches applied, mesa built, however I got the same EGL errors as above.

Now if I can also recall, by using master, I don't think qtbase was failing with opengles 2 test failed anymore.

I think that something about the new Wayland patches in Mesa are preventing it from allowing software fallback with weston.

Thanks.

More information for debugging :
This is the gdb output of simple-egl http://hastebin.com/xusawaxoxu.md with a break at wayland_shm_display_init_screen