XRender

Jørgen Lind jorgen.lind at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 01:36:41 PDT 2012

You can rasterize a glyph with freetype, then you can depending on the
surface you want to draw into either upload your glyph into some
texture glyph cache and then "blit" the texture into some gl surface,
or if your working on a main memory surface, you can use some "raster
painter" abstraction and blend the rasterized glyph into that surface.
I suppose pixman has such an abstraction, and QPaintEngine also has
such an abstraction.

Jørgen