Ubuntu Quantal PPA of daily builds

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Sat Sep 29 09:46:01 PDT 2012

https://code.launchpad.net/~darxus/+archive/wayland-daily

Source is pulled in from the wayland / weston git masters daily, the
debian packaging (debian directory) from the packages in the ubuntu
archives are copied in, and they're built, all automatically.  When new
packages are added to the official ubuntu archives, I'll need to manually
copy over the new debian packaging.

Seems to work in brief testing.

To use:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:darxus/wayland-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install weston libwayland0 libpam-xdg-support
# log out, log back in
weston

To remove:

sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:darxus/wayland-daily

libpam-xdg-support properly handles $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. Instead of
installing it, logging out, and logging back in, you could just manually
set it as was previously required.

If you haven't already, you may also want to try my ubuntu quantal ppa
for gtk with wayland enabled:
https://launchpad.net/~darxus/+archive/wayland-gtk-quantal

I tried to get the git commit in the package version, but that's not
working:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1058283

--
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop."
- Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland