Setting the display calibration ramps using weston

John Kåre Alsaker john.kare.alsaker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 09:07:32 PDT 2013

I'd say we make it a ./configure option which builds a shared library
which talks to colord over D-Bus. It can then be packaged separately
by distros. A weston.ini option should be added to pick the CMS plugin
to load. lcms2 can be added as a dependency for the weston side code
(it will probably be required to generate 3D LUTs later on anyway). We
probably want a configure option to disable the CMS plugin loader
which also removes the dependency on lcms2. The CMS plugin loader or
an CMS API doesn't exist yet, so we'll have to create one. We probably
want to pass EDID data over to the CMS plugin and it notifies weston
about output profile changes in form of a ICC profile which lcms2
handles on the weston side.