Setting the display calibration ramps using weston

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 06:49:32 PDT 2013

On 3 April 2013 13:56, Graeme Gill <graeme2 at argyllcms.com> wrote:
> A callback makes sense if this is essentially event driven. How is the
> responder (ie. CMM) registered ?

At the moment I've just got a:

[core]
cms=colord.so

in weston.ini with the .so object setting vfuncs of a
weston_color_manager struct. It's all very CMS neutral at the moment
so it would be trivial to add a ucmm (or whatever) CMM.

> Sounds a reasonable callback mechanism, but you need
> to allow for application override of both calibration
> curves and color matching, to support calibration
> and profiling.

Right, agreed.

> I'd love to see some progress towards (or at least allowance
> for moving in the direction) of an application or CMF being able
> to talk to the display via the DDC for a given output.

I actually played with this in g-c-m and X11, so that I could reset
the "you need to recalibrate" timer on my HP DreamColor using DDC/CI.
It wasn't possible to do DDC/CI in a thread with X11 for obvious
reasons (DDC being dog slow) but you're right to raise this as a
feature we want with wayland/weston.

Richard