Hello, and a small patch

Jason Woofenden jason at jasonwoof.com
Thu Apr 4 08:00:49 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I've recently decided to join this project. I've been been quite vocal on IRC
these last few days (nick: JasonWoof) and now I'm finally on the mailing list.

My intention is to work on a tiling window environment and participate in
discussions with the primary goal of making sure that wayland is set up in such
a way that the tiling window experience can be good (no flicker, extra redraws,
window decorations, etc.)

Please let me know if you're interested in collaborating on the tiling window
stuff. I have very specific desires about how I want it to work, which I'm
happy to discuss at length. And I'm happy to build something
flexible/configurable so it can match the needs/vision of other folks too.

So far I've mostly been all talk, as I've been learning how things work with
wayland/weston, but I'm looking forward to writing code. To take a tiny step in
that direction, I've got a small patch to tweak the way weston-terminal handles
its resize-increment restrictions during a resize. git send-email will
hopefully send that along as a reply to this e-mail.

--
Jason