glmark2 ported to wayland by Rafał Mielniczuk

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Thu Apr 4 21:37:27 PDT 2013

An open source GLES2 / GL benchmark.

It's been accepted upstream:
https://code.launchpad.net/~kruk87/glmark2/glmark2-wayland/+merge/156907
https://launchpad.net/glmark2
https://afrantzis.wordpress.com/2011/12/16/glmark2-more-than-a-benchmark/

I just successfully tested it.  Although on EGL the frame rate is locked to
your monitor's refresh rate (on wayland or directly with EGL) due to mesa
not supporting eglSwapInterval(0), which I've seen come up a few places
( https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1130553 )

To build, once you have wayland built:

sudo apt-get install bzr
bzr branch lp:glmark2
cd glmark2
./waf configure --with-flavors=wayland-glesv2,wayland-gl --prefix=$WLD
./waf
./waf install
$WLD/bin/glmark2-es2-wayland  # to run it

I had to install debian package mesa-common-dev which contains GL/gl.h to
get around this build error:

glmark2/src/gl-headers.h:28:19: fatal error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory

Not sure what it'll take to get glmark2 to find the one I installed
in $WLD.

--
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
- War and Peace (film series)