[patches] Add a color management framework to weston

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 09:45:08 PDT 2013

On 5 April 2013 09:53, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> * GLib really wants to return all signals (colord_device_changed_cb)
> on the main thread, not on the thread that's running the loop.

As discussed on IRC, it seems I was wrong. I've attached both patches
(v6) for review. I've switched the coldplug onto the cms thread, and
switched to using wl_event_loop_add_fd() to batch up the updates.

I've got to move onto other stuff next week, but I'd be really
interested if anyone has inputs on how the sub-surface gamut mapping
using shaders is going to work. The main complication seems to be that
it's per-output, rather than per-surface. I've played with 1bit masks
in the past, but this made the shader quite complicated. Ideas very
welcome. Thanks.

Richard