[RFC] wl_surface scale and crop protocol extension

Zhi An Ng ngzhian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 07:35:22 PDT 2013

> I'd like to have a better name for it, and you might want the set

​ checked up the thesaurus and the closest contender was "size", so I guess
you already have the best name :)
​

> Comments? Is the language clear?

>     <request name="get_surface_scaler">
>       <description summary="extend surface interface for crop and scale">

​Should this simply be called "get"? Since the above request is "destroy",
and the one to set the scale and crop state is called "set".
​
>       On compositing, source rectangle coordinates are evaluated after
>       wl_surface.set_buffer_transform is evaluated. This means that
>       changing the buffer transform and correspondingly the client
>       rendering does not require sending new source rectangle
>       coordinates to keep the exact same image source rectangle. In
>       other words, the source rectangle is given in the
>       not-scaled-and-cropped surface coordinates, not buffer data
>       coordinates.

​I have trouble understanding this paragraph. Perhaps cutting everything
before "In other words" will make it clearer? Or maybe its just my
inexperience with Wayland.

​Thanks!​

--
Best,