Support for remote desktop systems

Andrew Wedgbury andrew.wedgbury at realvnc.com
Thu Aug 8 07:50:25 PDT 2013

Hi Daniel,

----- Original Message -----

Thanks for the information. We'll concentrate on Weston for now then.

Very interesting looking at the screenshot/videocast example. As you say, Weston spawns the screenshot app, which is allowed access to a private interface which it uses to obtain the screenshot. Not sure whether you'd want Weston to launch a VNC server in this way though, it seems like the user should have a bit more control over this, but there does need to be some mechanism to control access to the private interface it would need to use.

BTW, is there any reason the video recorder works differently? - it writes the capture file directly from within Weston rather than go via an external app. Just curious.

---
Andrew Wedgbury <andrew.wedgbury at realvnc.com>