xwayland under Rasbian and collabora rasbian packages - help please.

Chris wld at mi.cx
Tue Aug 27 08:15:20 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I am after a little guidance as I am a beginner to Wayland, and after much
searching of the web and the mail lists here, I am still stuck.

My objective is to build a kiosk like system out of a Raspberry Pi, using
wayland as the back end.

I have followed the instructions for installing Wayland from the archives
at http://raspberrypi.collabora.com/ And wayland-launch works fine, I can
open a terminal etc. All good.

Now I would like to get the google chrome browser working under xwayland.
(For HTML5 support).

What is the next step? Do I have to change the raspbian X11 config and/or
get xwayland from somwhere and install or compile it?

Can someone give me a pointer to get this working? Nothing I have tried
seems to have helped, even after compiling from source using the
instructions at (http://wayland.freedesktop.org/raspberrypi.html)

Thanks,

Chris.