wl_keyboard, libxkbcomon, sticky keys

Steven Edwards cureadvocate at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 02:25:11 PST 2013

Dear wayland-devel:

What is the current status of implementing accessibility features
(namely Sticky Keys and Mouse Keys) in Wayland?  I would love to help
either test or implement them, but I don't know where to begin.

wl_keyboard looks like the main structure I need to focus on, but some
earlier messages in the mailing list mentioned the possibility of
relying on libxkbcommon to handle keyboard events (e.g., latching and
locking keyboard modifiers).

Has the method of offering or providing Sticky Keys functionality to
clients been decided yet?

Best,

Steven