Questions and thoughts about input method protocol

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:15:35 PST 2013

Will simple input methods that have no state have to do anything about
this, or is it trivial to support?

What I am wondering is if an input method that does not use the context
id for anything will still need to keep track of what context id's were
allocated and freed? Or can it just throw them away and answer "ok" to
all attempts to create and destroy them?

Alternative is that it says it can't create them, but then the burden is
on the clients to handle this.