Weston SDK

Eoff, Ullysses A ullysses.a.eoff at intel.com
Thu Feb 14 09:53:19 PST 2013

Even if Weston is only considered just an "example compositor",
it is a great vehicle for early functional integration testing of various
Wayland toolkit implementations that use the Wayland client-side API.
Exporting a Weston SDK will go a long way in allowing more effective and
aggressive [automated] testing techniques.  For instance, defining a
Wayland test protocol that has a Weston implementation would allow
tests to validate client<->server state/events at the toolkit level and/or
allow exposure of other information that is otherwise unavailable when trying
to automate and cover certain test case scenarios.  And, it is likely that a
test extension would only be specific to the test scenarios/project one is trying
to cover, hence it would not make sense to include such an implementation
inside Weston itself.  Therefore, an exported Weston SDK would allow
this type of testing architecture to be achieved.

U. Artie Eoff