Patch queue update

Kristian Høgsberg hoegsberg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 12:18:35 PST 2013

Here's the patch queue as of Feb 28.

Kristian

* Per-wl_object dispatchers (Jason Ekstrand, Feb 28)

  - Looks good.  Just need to fix the "creative" wl_resource use in
    weston.

* systemd socket activation patches (Benjamin Franzke, Feb 27)

  - Patches look fine, but not sure when we'd be socket activated though.

* Pointer lock (Kristian Høgsberg, Feb 25)

  - Issues about non-linear transformation, do we need request for
    moving the pointer to update the transformation point?

  - Pekka reported a number of test case problems, fixed locally.

  - Pending verification with SDL, doom3.

  - Pushed a couple of refatoring patches upstream (move_pointer()
    function and realtive coords for notify_motion()).

* Gamma correct compositing patches (John Kåre Alsaker)

  - Would like to break this into two or three series: first series to
    do the dynamic shader creation using GLSL #ifdef and including a
    generated "#define YUV_SHADER" snippet first to determine which
    combination to compile.  Then the indirect rendering series and
    then the color correct compositing patches.

  - Resent Feb 21.

* FreeBSD patches (Philip Withnall, Feb 15)

  - Doesn't look too invasive, but need to review in detail.

  - Would prefer a more coarse-grained split in event-loop instead of
    many little #ifdef sections.

* Probe-area (Robert Bradford)

  - Looks good, what we've discussed in the past.  Just need
    documentation update to describe self-destruction of result object.

  - Tweaks from Pekka?

  - Rob focusing on GTK+ CSD at the moment (Feb 28)

* Per-output workspaces (Jonas Ådahl, Jan 26)

  - Patches on list, discussed the core stacking implementation with
    Jonas before, should be ok.

* Subsurface (Pekka Paalanen)

  - Still work-in-progress.  There are a few corner cases around
    commit behavior and clipping that we need to get consensus on.
    Also, I think we need to allow recursive sub-surfaces.

  - Up to v2 now.  Verified useful for maliit and Qt decorations.

  - Picked up Giuliu Camuffos two fixes.

* surface_data and surface panel list (Scott Moreau)

  - This one was in good shape at the last resend, but I think there
    was a few more issues we still we discussion.  I forget (sorry).

* resize from center (Scott Moreau)

  - I think we got stuck discussion how to trigger resize-from-center.
    I think we can just handle it in the compositor, by remembering
    the initial center (pre-resize) and then center the window there
    if shift is pressed during resize, and jump back to normal
    resizing if shift is released.

  - Scott said he got the idea working, but still some issues to work
    out.

  - Patches on list to implement this, tested and briefly reviewed.