X to Wayland conversion documentation -- request

Scott Moreau oreaus at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 05:58:42 PST 2013

Hi Joshua,

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Joshua Marshall <jrmarsha at mtu.edu> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to look at moving pcmanfm from LXDE over to Wayland.  This
> would be my first real attempt at doing much GUI related, so when searching
> for a guide to switch a X based program to Wayland, I couldn't find any
> documentation.

The wayland protocol differs greatly from the X protocol. There is no
one-to-one translation. You can look at existing wayland client code as a
base example. You can also ask questions and get support in #wayland on
irc.freenode.net or here on the mailing list.

> I would like to request such content be generated and included on
> Wayland's main site.

Generation of such documentation is not feasible.

- Scott