Issues with running Xclient using xwayland.

ashjas ashjas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:21:46 PST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to run a xclient like xterm on wayland terminal after launching
weston as:

./weston --modules=xwayland.so,desktop-shell.so

weston tries to fork Xorg but Xorg crashes..

here is the weston log: http://pastebin.com/61J5Xkxd

and here is the Xorg.log file :http://pastebin.com/4duR0s1J

I know that there are some modules like nv,vesa etc that xorg reports to be
not able to load. but i have no clue what to do about this..

Secondly.. launching weston-launch without X like:
./weston-launch --modules=xwayland.so,desktop-shell.so

i get this:
./weston-launch: unrecognized option
'--modules=xwayland.so,desktop-shell.so'

any help?

Thanks,

Ashish