ask for help about multi-display in wayland

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:48:24 PST 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 08:24:35 +0000
"Xu, Jack" <jack.xu at intel.com> wrote:

> Here is the weston log, hope it can help.

Hi,

I see PowerVR SGX as the renderer, what hardware is this? Please,
explain the hardware, monitors and their connections, what kernel and
user space drivers you use, etc.

(Also, a pre-0.95 Weston.)

> ----- With one mouse plugged in, two mouse cursor on each output and move
> in the same way and position - seems like clone mode, but actually works
> in extended mode. We are using Weston, backend is drm-backend.

My wild guess at this point would be a kernel driver bug, since I have
never heard of such mouse cursor problem on PCs.

I wonder if hardware cursors are being used...

Can you check with libwayland and Weston master revision?