Regarding Output event

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 05:09:16 PST 2013

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:57:57 +0100
abhishek jain <yoursabhishekjain at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new for wayland API. I got stuck in output event handling.
>
> I am using this API.
> wl_outpu::geometry and  wl_output::mode . But both gives me the same value
> for both physical_width in mm and width in pixel.

What you get depends on Weston's backend in use, and what it bothers to
advertise. You are using Weston, are you not?

You can grep for weston_output_init and see what the backends pass in as
width and height, which are supposed to be the physical dimensions. The
physical size is not always available, and some backends may just pass
the numbers of pixels in there.

The DRM backend should have it right, and the x11 backend just uses
pixels. Others may do something else.