xserver problems

Kristian Høgsberg hoegsberg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 15:07:10 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 05:07:31PM -0700, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> Though I agree that the built-in default should load the wlshm
> driver if needed, this is not the problem I am trying to fix.
>
> My /etc/X11/xorg.conf file contains 'Driver "nv"'. This causes the
> wayland xserver to fail. This will happen whether or not wlshm or
> wlegl drivers are needed. I suspect there is a lot of other crap in
> my xorg.conf that will mess up the wayland xserver, not just this
> driver line.

The drivers that understand xwayland opt-in but setting the
HW_SKIP_CONSOLE flag in the DriverRec driver func.  It's not the most
clear way to opt in, but it should suffice to keep any existing hw ddx
driver from loading when you run the xserver in xwayland mode.  Thus,
nv should fail to load causing the server to skip to the next driver
in the fallback list, which should be wlshm.  Changing the fallback
driver in the xwayland case would be a good patch.

Kristian