Multiprocess rendering in wayland - webkitgtk+

Ander Conselvan de Oliveira conselvan2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 23:18:24 PDT 2013

On 07/16/2013 07:48 AM, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> There's a few important things to notice in the nested example:

[...]

>   - There is some kind of issue in there that looks like nested only
>     runs at half the frame rate.  I suspect we're waiting for the frame
>     events or sending them out too late or something - it's not that
>     the nested compositor model is inherently slow.

I think the problem (or at least part of it) is a missing call to
display_acquire_window_surface() before glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES().
Some of cairo-gl functions will call eglMakeCurrent() with
EGL_NO_CONTEXT before returning, so it is just by chance that sometimes
we have the right context bound when bind the eglImage to the texture.

However, once I add the display_acquire_window_surface() call, some
flicker starts to happen. It seems that when toytoolkit defers rendering
because there is a frame callback it ends up calling eglSwapBuffers()
anyway.

Patches coming soon.

Cheers,
Ander