[evdev] device not configured are unhandled instead back in error

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Jun 7 06:35:09 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 7 June 2013 06:33, Marc Chalain <marc.chalain at gmail.com> wrote:
> A input device could not be not configurated. That should not be an error
> and just an unhandled device.
> On embedded configuration there is different input devices which are not
> used.

The intention of this codepath is to avoid the situation on desktop
devices where Weston starts but the input devices are broken.  In that
case, starting with no input devices will leave you unable to exit
unless you can use SSH or similar to kill it.

I realise it's different on embedded, but in this case, a
configuration or command-line option saying that it's OK to start with
no input devices seems appropriate.

Cheers,
Daniel