Qt 4.8 on Wayland ?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 14 07:58:58 PDT 2013

On sexta-feira, 14 de junho de 2013 12.53.25, Abhijit Potnis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As Qt 4.8 does support Platform Abstraction, is it possible to run Qt 4.8
> on Wayland straight away.

I made some progress over a year ago in backporting some of the changes from
Qt 5 to Qt 4.8. But this was prior to Wayland 1.0 and there were some changes
I never got in.

You can see my branch here:
 http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/thiago-intels-qt/commits/4.8-qpa-wayland

> If not then we will have to back-port some of the features of Platform
> Abstraction and more from 5.0 to 4.8, would that be possible ?
>
> If so what would be the best point to start off with ?

Probably my branch above. I haven't built it in 15 months, so no warranties.

But please note that QPA in Qt 4.8 is limited by itself. It was missing some
functionality that a proper Wayland application would need. I really recommend
you consider Qt 5.

Since QPA was new in Qt 4.8, it means you must have started this project only
recently. Since you're asking now, 6 months after the Qt 5.0 release (and 5.1
is approaching), can we ask why the interest?