how to run subsurface-test?

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 02:31:16 PDT 2013

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 07:10:53 +0000
"Wang, Quanxian" <quanxian.wang at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi, Pq
>
> Would you like to tell me how to run subsurface-test?
>
> I have found the source code in weston/tests is not built out. After
> checking with configure in Weston, there is no switch to enable how
> to build subsurface-test object.
>
> Any hint?

Hi,

when you build Weston, you should configure it with
--with-cairo-glesv2 regardless of whether your Cairo actually
has GLESv2 or not. Otherwise the new subsurfaces demo might not be
built. It does not matter how your Cairo is built, so you do not need
to rebuild Cairo.

For why, see:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/commit/clients/subsurfaces.c?id=7ff7a80007fd27b2082e5219f4b4cb35948e3ed4

In short: this avoids a GL vs. GLES clash.