More problems building xserver

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 22:08:26 PST 2013

With the newest version I am able to get wayland and weston to compile
to working forms, but attempting to compile xserver fails.

I am using a slightly modified version of this to compile:
  http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/buildscript/

The script is attempting to build the xwayland-1.12 branch of
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver.

xserver configure fails with this error:

Requested 'xtrans >= 1.2.7' but version of XTrans is 1.2.6
No package 'xineramaproto' found

I'm guessing that these two packages also need to be compiled, but have
not had any luck in guessing the git repository names. It is also
possible the wrong xserver branch is being used?

This is not a huge deal but I did get the x server to work once, and it
would be nice to test it against any window management experiements.