surface buffer cardinality and outputs

Sylvain BERTRAND sylware at legeek.net
Mon Mar 18 18:33:18 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 03:55:03AM +0100, Sylvain BERTRAND wrote:
> But I'm still kind of uncomfortable to hand over to the
> compositor scaling in the case of fullscreen and buffer transform
> in the case of output tilting (renaming transform to tilting
> would not be a bad idea).

Oops! Of course, if the output is tilted, the compositor must
tilt the scanned out part of the buffer itself. The client knowns
its surface is scanned out on a tilted output. In the case the
surface spans over several outputs, it is in charge to find the
best tradeoff to configure its rendering for all outputs, and
that in one buffer.

--
Sylvain