Helping in reviewing

Bernhard Friedreich friesoft at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 11:32:54 PDT 2013

Hi!

I've been reading this list since the start of wayland/weston (on google
groups) and would like to thank you all for your ongoing effort :)

What I've been wondering lately (and also in the light of recent events) is
if there is a specific reason why there's no CI (Jenkins?) and/or
reviewboard system (Gerrit?). Is it because reviewing patches on the
maillinglist gathers more feedback (out of previous experiences) or just
because it is more comfortable for you? Is it more comfortable? I guess
some system like gerrit scales better.. Or is it because no one set up
something yet?

Has there been thought about setting up a code quality system? For example
"sonar" is very good at those things and is widely used - at least in the
java world. Didn't try it with C/C++ yet..

Looking forward to your answer :)

Regards,
Bernhard Friedreich