Input and games.

Rick Yorgason rick at firefang.com
Thu May 2 11:18:27 PDT 2013

Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at ...> writes:
> Yes, I agree.
>
> Even if BP was not a nesting compositor, making the home button
> minimize the active window would usually get you to the BP right under
> it. The task switcher would be more reliable, though, and also allow to
> get back to the game. It is all mostly a question of making the
> Wayland server or the DE controllable with a gamepad.
>
> In summary, I don't think we need to treat the home button specially in
> the protocol.

I've been looking into how the Steam overlay works on Linux, and it seems to
inject code into the target app using LD_PRELOAD. This is how it draws its
interface over the game, and how it intercepts the Shift+Tab shortcut to
open the overlay, and I see no reason why this technique wouldn't also work
for the home button, so I rescind the idea that making it a global message
might be useful.

-Rick-