Can we enable sprites for drm-backend by default?

wuzhiwen zhiwen.wu at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 12 21:01:52 PST 2013

Hi all,
I am trying to enabling sprites for drm-backend on Intel Tizen IVI platform
using Intel Gen Graphic, and found a commit (de37d67ac5a3d6, Fri Nov 2
10:14:40 2012) which always disable sprites by setting "sprites_are_broken =
1". I just commented this line and enabled sprites for drm-backend, but I am
not sure whether it is reliable. Is "nuclear pageflip", which makes the
sprites work reliably, landed in KMS? And can we enable sprites by default?
Any comments are appreciated.