Thoughts about decoration information in the xdg_shell

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:24:26 PST 2013

Neil Roberts wrote:

>> You are advocating requiring *both* clients and compositors to be able
>> to draw decorations. Why make it so complicated?
>
> No, I didn't say that at all. I am saying that in xdg-shell we need to
> specify that either CSD is required or SSD is required.

Okay, you are now saying the same thing I have been: the compositor
tells the client whether to draw CSD or not, and the client cannot refuse.

Before it sounded like you were advocating the client telling the
compositor to draw SSD. I do not want that because it will cause clients
to exist that assume it will work.