Fwd: input handlig in separate thread

Eugen Friedrich friedrix at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 17:43:33 CEST 2013

Hallo Dear wayland developers,

I thing i have a very common use case and currently i don't now how to get
it work in wayland.

We have a wayland client application with 2 threads:

thread1 - rendering thread - the eglSwapBuffer will  call
wl_display_dispatch internally:
thread2 - input thread - this should wait and dispatch wayland input events

waiting in wl_display_dispatch is not possible because it will block the
eglSwapBuffer call and currently i can not find a way to do it. Maybe the
wl_display_prepare_read and wl_display_read_events can be used to implement
the use case
but the complete sequence of the wayland call is unclear for me.

Can any body put some light on this?

p.s.: sorry for sending incomplete message to list