[RFC weston] remote access interface module

Andrew Wedgbury andrew.wedgbury at realvnc.com
Tue Oct 22 01:52:38 CEST 2013

Hi Ander,

On Monday, 21 October 2013 2:00:52 PM, Ander Conselvan de Oliveira wrote:

> You probably want to set the field weston_compositor::disable_planes,
> as
> the screenshooter does. That causes the compositor to not use
> hardware
> cursor or other overlays and composite the whole scene using the
> renderer, so that read_pixels() gives you the complete screen
> contents.

Right, I was wondering why the screenshooter did that.
Ideally though we'd like to transfer the cursor sprite separately. The advantage of doing this is that you can then move the cursor around on the client side without getting lots of screen updates (although you still get the odd one for things like hover effects and tooltips).

---
Andrew Wedgbury <andrew.wedgbury at realvnc.com>