[RFC weston] remote access interface module

Andrew Wedgbury andrew.wedgbury at realvnc.com
Tue Oct 22 02:12:34 CEST 2013

Hi Hardening,

Thanks for your feedback.

On Monday, 21 October, 2013 9:43:19 PM, Hardening wrote:

> * a null locale is given for the keyboard of the remote_seat, I'm not
> sure that we can handle all case that way. Especially with RDP that
> is
> quite complicated on that side (anyway it's probably a question for
> daniel or any input expert);

Yes, I think you're right, we need a way to specify a locale when creating a seat here. I also found the keyboard handling quite tricky to implement on the client side, getting the keymap from the seat, etc.

> * I can't see any interest for continuous update mode, that could
> lead
> to send partial or "corrupted" frames to the remote clients;

In theory, yes you may see some "tearing" if you are reading from the buffer as the compositer is copying in new updates, but from what I've seen it's not really noticeable.

> * about the pointer sprite, I think the problem is even more
> complicated
> with multi-seat (we should draw everything but the cursor of the
> current
> seat).

Yes I see what you mean. Also, you may not event want to see cursors from other seats as it could be confusing.

---
Andrew Wedgbury <andrew.wedgbury at realvnc.com>