New Wayland Live CD

nerdopolis bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net
Fri Sep 6 13:13:08 PDT 2013

On Sunday, September 01, 2013 11:38:22 PM you wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 31, 2013 07:39:41 AM Pier Luigi wrote:
> >

> > 2013/8/31 nerdopolis <bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net[1]>
> >

> > Unfortunately the Hawaii shell is currently not working on the framebuffer
> > backed weston, which means it won't work on VirtualBox as of right now.
> > It's likely issues with the pixman renderer that is used on the
> > fbdev-backend?
> > Guess it's pixman yeah, same issue when running in a X11 window with weston
> > --use-pixman.
> >

> > Link to the issue: https://github.com/hawaii-desktop/shell/issues/66[2]
> >

> > -- Out of the box experience
> >
> > http://www.maui-project.org/[3]
> >

> > --------
> > [1] mailto:bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net
> > [2] https://github.com/hawaii-desktop/shell/issues/66
>

> > [3] http://www.maui-project.org/
>
> Hi. Your fixes for Hawaii have been added to the new ISO, so now it can work in VirtualBox, as a selectable Wayland session, even under fbdev-backend weston, along with Orbital and desktop-shell.
> I also fixed issues with Weston being removed from the Reduced ISO. The new files are here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/rebeccablackos/files/September%201st%202013/
>
> Thanks for your work on Hawaii.
>
> The MD5sums:
> 417cbd44c371f8d73dfec2a3e750bd36  RebeccaBlackLinux_Reduced_i386.iso
> c660bfa2d5c1860a8d8ede1ea6191ae7  RebeccaBlackLinux_i386.iso

Hi.

I pushed out some new ISOs:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rebeccablackos/files/September%205th%202013/

0cd2189e52ba801b8371930c45bb37b8  RebeccaBlackLinux_i386.iso
15cfde7de4c76f8a1cb06aac3a2eb8d2  RebeccaBlackLinux_Reduced_i386.iso

These ISOs fix an issue that appeared with libva in Weston, which has recently been fixed (but instead I added libva for Weston), which was preventing Weston from executing with Kernel Mode Setting

My next ISOs will hopefully have the Enlightenmnent 19 Wayland compositor, and Gnome Wayland compositors, as well as KDE Frameworks programs.