cross compile wayland

Marc Chalain marc.chalain at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 02:18:06 PDT 2013

In cross compile, the "host" running the libraries, is different to the
"build" machine running the compiler. In this case wayland-scanner is a
part of the "build" tools and not a part of the "host" tools.
Autotool and "configure" provide the "--host", "--target" and "--build"
options. When the values of "--host" and "--build" are different, the build
is a cross compile, and in this case the compiler of "host" tools
(libwayland-client and libwayland-server) has to be different of the
compiler of "build" tools (wayland-scanner)
This patches uses ax_cc_for_build to define the compiler of the "build"
tools, and uses the definition to build wayland-scanner.

This message disappear when I try to send it with my patches. sorry