[xkbcommon] How to distinguish left-shift and right-shift

Wander Lairson Costa wander.lairson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 16:02:30 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am working for some time porting Blender to wayland [1] and I am now
adding keyboard handing support. For that, I am following weston
clients code as reference and using libxkbcommon.

To make a long history short, I need to differentiate left-shift and
right-shift modifiers, but I didn't figure out how to do that with
libxkbcommon. I printed all modifiers names and there is just one
"Shift" modifier, there aren't "LShift" and "RShift" like there are
for control and alt key modifiers.

[1] https://github.com/walac/blender-wayland

--
Best Regards,