Wayland Live CD now switching to Mir

nerdopolis bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net
Tue Apr 1 05:40:52 PDT 2014

Hi.

As you all know, I have been the developer of the Wayland live CD for some time, which is named after my favorite celebrity, and has been providing a easy to obtain Wayland environment for users since 2012.

However I have been recently looking at the Wiki pages for Mir, and I am realizing that the Wiki pages have much nicer looking flowcharts then Wayland's wiki, and now I have decided to switch it over to Mir.

The ISOs announced last week are the last ISOs that will have Wayland on them

It's been a good run, but from now on I will be switching to all Mir related software. As there are currently no Mir ports for SWC, Enlightenment, Gnome Shell, Orbital, and Hawaii, Mplayer, and gstreamer, or GTK, they will be temporarily dropped.