[LookForHelp]A10S/ARM Weston-launch failed‏

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Fri Aug 8 01:58:05 PDT 2014

On 08/08/2014 09:56, Yang Andy wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I have some questions for help.
>
> When i run weston-launch command in TizeIVI,

hi do you really need to work on Tizen:IVI ?
because I shared an image for A20 it has weston support (fb)
I  could help to adapt it for A10,
what kernel do you use ?

May we add a A10 chapter on :
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Sunxi

> it echo below error information.
>
> I investigation weston source code and find that it seems to fail to
> find gup device.
non

> 1.In order to setup wayland/weston in arm device,is there any
> necessary thing to be done?
setup framebuffer

> 2.Is there any requirement for Hardware / Drivers?
framebuffer works fine on sunxi kernel

> 3.Is DRM  must for weston(compositor),how to setup DRM?
to get hw accell yes ,
this mean MALI driver port to sunxi
but it does allready support exynos
(havent tried yet)

> 4.In order to run weston-launch,do i have to use gpu?
no as mbachmann reported

Now I can help you to boot weston on you board
using tizen-common-wayland-arm-sunxi-20140527rzr.raw.gz

later

--
  mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC
  xmpp:philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com