qt5 window setGeometry and move not work in wayland platform

Steve (YiLiang) Zhou szhou at telecomsys.com
Sun Aug 10 23:13:45 PDT 2014

Dear all,

My app has a mainwindow and a QDialog which is a child of mainwindow.
And I  want to set the app to the position 0,0.

I use both setGeometry and move to  0,0. No luck , both failed. The
window's position is unfixed and may appear to anywhere on the screen.

My Qt version :5.2.2

Some codes in my app:

Widget is my qdialog this is my mainwindow.

widget->setStyleSheet("background:transparent;");

    widget->setAttribute(Qt::WA_TranslucentBackground);

    widget->setWindowFlags(Qt::FramelessWindowHint);

this->setStyleSheet("background:transparent;");

    this->setAttribute(Qt::WA_TranslucentBackground);

    this->setWindowFlags(Qt::FramelessWindowHint
|Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint );

    this->move(0,0);

    widget->move(0,0);

has anybody met this before?

BTW: I  use wl_egl_window_create a shell window  and
wl_egl_window_resize set the position, it can be set to 0,0.

Thanks and Best Regards

Steve Zhou

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments from your computer and network.